India  

China Foreign Ministry Claims They're 'Not Aware' Of Tennis Star Peng Shuai's Disappearance

TMZ.com Friday, 19 November 2021
The Chinese Foreign Ministry continues to claim they have no idea what happened to tennis star Peng Shuai ... who suddenly vanished over 2 weeks ago after accusing a powerful Chinese official of sexual assault. Zhao Lijian, ministry spokesperson,…
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video Credit: FRANCE 24 English - Published
News video: China silent on tennis star Peng Shuai despite growing concern, Djokovic 'shocked'

China silent on tennis star Peng Shuai despite growing concern, Djokovic 'shocked' 00:54


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Zhao Lijian Zhao Lijian Chinese politician

Despite Global Scrutiny China Defends 'Zero-COVID' Policy [Video]

Despite Global Scrutiny China Defends 'Zero-COVID' Policy

Despite Global Scrutiny, China Defends, 'Zero-COVID' Policy. On May 13, officials in Shanghai said they hoped to achieve zero COVID cases outside of quarantine by May 20. NBC reports that the city has been under strict lockdown for weeks as the government combats China's worst outbreak since the coronavirus pandemic began. . NBC reports that the city has been under strict lockdown for weeks as the government combats China's worst outbreak since the coronavirus pandemic began. . China's 'Zero-COVID' strategy has drawn global scrutiny, including from the World Health Organization (WHO) which questioned the tactic's sustainability. Considering the behavior of the virus, I think a shift will be very important, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of the World Health Organization, via NBC. The comments by the WHO came after Chinese president Xi Jinping reaffirmed the government's commitment to China's COVID strategy. NBC reports that analysts feel shifting course could threaten Xi's plan to secure a third term as China's president. Last week, top leaders of the Chinese Communist Party vowed to , “unswervingly adhere to the general policy of ‘dynamic zero-COVID’... ... and resolutely fight against any words and deeds that distort, doubt or deny our country’s epidemic prevention policies.” . NBC reports that the criticism by the WHO's director general was quickly suppressed by Chinese censors. . Foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian defended China's COVID policy and cautioned against further criticism. We hope relevant people will look at China’s Covid policy in an objective and rational light, learn more about the facts and refrain from making irresponsible remarks, Zhao Lijian, China's foreign ministry spokesman, via NBC

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published
North Korea Announces Its First COVID Deaths As ‘Explosive’ Outbreak Occurs [Video]

North Korea Announces Its First COVID Deaths As ‘Explosive’ Outbreak Occurs

North Korea Announces , Its First COVID Deaths, As ‘Explosive’ Outbreak Occurs. According to CNN on May 12, North Korea reported 18,000 new "fever cases" resulting in six deaths. The term "fever cases" is likely being used due to limited testing capabilities in the country, which means COVID infections have not yet been confirmed in some people. The term "fever cases" is likely being used due to limited testing capabilities in the country, which means COVID infections have not yet been confirmed in some people. The situation in which over 350,000 people have now likely been infected is being referred to as a "major national emergency.". A fever whose cause couldn't be identified explosively spread nationwide since late April. As of now up to 187,800 people are being isolated, State media KCNA, via report. The country had not acknowledged having any COVID cases until now, which many find hard to believe as the rest of the world hasn't been spared by the virus. Kim Jong-un said the country's epidemic prevention measures were at a "vulnerable point.". It is the most important challenge and supreme tasks facing our party to reverse the immediate public health crisis situation. , Kim Jong-un, via KCNA. CNN reports all North Korean cities have been placed into lockdown and "people with fever or abnormal symptoms" are required to quarantine. In addition to South Korea announcing it will offer COVID vaccines to its northern neighbor, China said it will do what it can to help as well. . In addition to South Korea announcing it will offer COVID vaccines to its northern neighbor, China said it will do what it can to help as well. . As comrades, neighbors and friends, China stands ready to provide full support to the DPRK in its fight against the epidemic, Zhao Lijian, China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson, via statement

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published
Threat of Nuclear War Between US and China Exacerbated by War in Ukraine [Video]

Threat of Nuclear War Between US and China Exacerbated by War in Ukraine

Threat of Nuclear War , Between U.S. and China , Exacerbated by War in Ukraine. 'Newsweek' reports that both the United States and China have recently made comments that have stressed the already tenuous relationship between the two global powers. . On May 4, Admiral Charles Richard told the Senate Armed Service strategic forces subcommittee that Russia's invasion of Ukraine has increased the nuclear threat posed by China. . We are facing a crisis deterrence dynamic right now that we have only seen a few times in our nation's history, Admiral Charles Richard, Head of U.S. Strategic Command, via 'Newsweek'. The war in Ukraine and China's nuclear trajectory—their strategic breakout—demonstrates that we have a deterrence and assurance gap based on the threat of limited nuclear employment, Admiral Charles Richard, Head of U.S. Strategic Command, via 'Newsweek'. The war in Ukraine and China's nuclear trajectory—their strategic breakout—demonstrates that we have a deterrence and assurance gap based on the threat of limited nuclear employment, Admiral Charles Richard, Head of U.S. Strategic Command, via 'Newsweek'. According to Richard, China was monitoring Russia's war in Ukraine , "closely and will likely use nuclear coercion to their advantage in the future. Their intent is to achieve the military capability to reunify Taiwan by 2027 if not sooner.". On May 6, China's foreign ministry spokesperson, Zhao Lijian, was asked about the remarks made by Richard. . China follows a self-defensive nuclear strategy and keeps its nuclear forces at the minimum level required to safeguard national security. , Zhao Lijian, China's foreign ministry spokesperson, via 'Newsweek'. China follows a self-defensive nuclear strategy and keeps its nuclear forces at the minimum level required to safeguard national security. , Zhao Lijian, China's foreign ministry spokesperson, via 'Newsweek'. We stay committed to no first use of nuclear weapons at any time and under any circumstances, and undertake unequivocally and unconditionally not to use or threaten to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear-weapon states or nuclear-weapon-free zones, Zhao Lijian, China's foreign ministry spokesperson, via 'Newsweek'. This policy remains clear and consistent. China opposes any form of 'China nuclear threat' theory, Zhao Lijian, China's foreign ministry spokesperson, via 'Newsweek'. In November, the U.S. Defense Department claimed that China was bolstering its nuclear arsenal.

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published
China Partially Eases Shanghai Lockdown [Video]

China Partially Eases Shanghai Lockdown

China , Partially Eases , Shanghai Lockdown. On April 12, some of Shanghai's 25 million residents were allowed to leave their homes as the city eased a two-week-long shutdown. . ABC reports that about 6.6 million people will be allowed to leave their homes and that some markets and pharmacies would be allowed to reopen. . The abrupt shutdown on March 28 left many residents without access to food or medicine. . The abrupt shutdown on March 28 left many residents without access to food or medicine. . While the total case numbers in China remain relatively low, the government is enforcing a "zero-tolerance" strategy to isolate the infected. . Shanghai has reported over 200,000 cases, but the latest surge has led to zero deaths. Of the 24,659 new cases reported, , 23,387 were found to be non-symptomatic. According to ABC, anyone who tests positive for COVID has been forced into quarantine and held at facilities criticized for being crowded and unsanitary. . Last week, the U.S. State Department advised Americans not to travel to China due to the shutdowns, citing a risk of "parents and children being separated.". On April 12, the State Department ordered, all "non-emergency U.S. government employees" to withdraw due to, "changing circumstances on the ground.". On April 12, the State Department ordered, all "non-emergency U.S. government employees" to withdraw due to, "changing circumstances on the ground.". In response, China's foreign ministry defended the shutdown as "scientific and effective" and accused the U.S. of politicizing its withdrawal. In response, China's foreign ministry defended the shutdown as "scientific and effective" and accused the U.S. of politicizing its withdrawal. The United States should immediately stop attacking China’s epidemic prevention policy, stop political manipulation with the epidemic issue and stop smearing and discrediting China, Zhao Lijian, Spokesman for China's Foreign Ministry, via ABC . The United States should immediately stop attacking China’s epidemic prevention policy, stop political manipulation with the epidemic issue and stop smearing and discrediting China, Zhao Lijian, Spokesman for China's Foreign Ministry, via ABC

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published

You Might Like


Related videos from verified sources

China Tennis Superstar Reappears [Video]

China Tennis Superstar Reappears

Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai told Olympic officials that she is safe following growing concerns about her whereabouts.

Credit: HuffPost NOW News     Duration: 02:50Published
Tennis star Peng Shuai’s video emerge on social media, seen sitting in restaurant | Oneindia News [Video]

Tennis star Peng Shuai’s video emerge on social media, seen sitting in restaurant | Oneindia News

Two new videos of Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai were shared on Twitter after she has been reportedly gone missing. Shuai accused a former vice-premier of forcing her to have intimate..

Credit: Oneindia     Duration: 02:09Published
China struggles to ease concern over tennis star's disappearance [Video]

China struggles to ease concern over tennis star's disappearance

A Chinese state TV employee has posted photos of missing tennis star Peng Shuai online that are supposed to dispel concern about her disappearance.

Credit: euronews (in English)     Duration: 01:10Published