Amit Shah tests +ve, admitted to Medanta hospital in Gurgaon
Sunday, 2 August 2020 Home minister Amit Shah was admitted to Medanta hospital in Gurgaon on Sunday after testing positive for Covid-19. “My health is fine, but I am being admitted to hospital on the advice of doctors,” Shah tweeted at 4.43 pm.
Union home minister Amit Shah has tested positive for coronavirus, the minister tweeted on Sunday afternoon. He said he is getting admitted to a hospital on the advice of doctors. Shah Tweeted, On getting the initial symptoms of corona, I got the test done and the report came back positive. My health...
Doctors of super specialty hospitals in Delhi spoke to Asian News International (ANI) on the coronavirus spread in India. Senior doctors from Max and Medanta hospitals asserted that COVID spread is on rise and with the opening of metro, cases are expected to surge. Director of Department of Cardiology, Max Hospital, Dr Manoj Kumar said, "25 lakh people use metro daily, so a crowd will definitely be there. We can expect a surge of cases following the reopening." Max doctor also questioned the reliability of Rapid Antigen Testing. He said, "The problem is we are keeping a careless attitude, 2/3 of the testing is from Rapid Antigen which is not reliable." Meanwhile, Dr Rajiv Parakh, Chairman, Peripheral Vascular and Endovascular Sciences, Medanta also commented on the opening of metro rail services. "We need to be extremely careful as metro will start its services. It is our responsibility as well, we need to obey the norms of social distancing. There is no doubt in my mind, once the metro starts the numbers will skyrocket," said Dr Rajiv Parakh.
Former Indian cricketer Chetan Chauhan passed away on August 16. The 73-year-old Chauhan, who was also a Cabinet Minister in Uttar Pradesh government, was admitted at the Sanjay Gandhi PGI Hospital in Lucknow after testing COVID-19 positive on July 12. He was initially admitted at SGPGI in Lucknow, and later moved to Gurugram's Medanta Hospital. The former cricketer-turned-politician was suffering from kidney ailment. Speaking to ANI, Deputy Chief Minister of UP, Keshav Prasad Maurya said, "The demise of Chetan Chauhan is really sad. I am getting out of words to express my sorrow. I was really shocked after receiving the news of his death. We have lost an experienced colleague of ours due to COVID-19." "He was like my elder brother and a friend," he added.
A made-in-India short video platform 'Changa', has emerged as a new destination for creators who earlier used global apps such as 'TikTok', which have been banned by the Indian government. The ban on the applications has led to a spurt in the number of made-in-India short video apps, but there are very few that have managed to strike the chord with the users, especially those which had already found their virtual retreat in the likes of 'TikTok'. The short-video application has been launched by Gurugram-based tech firm BITCS.The application gives former TikTok users an option to import their best videos. The users can import as many as 5000 videos and a minimum of 100 videos, depending upon their fan base and the frequency of using 'Changa' app. However, it's not just about importing old videos, in fact, it's more about recovering the reward for your hard work and emotions that were put in.The other striking feature of the app is that it gives the option to share the videos directly on instant messaging app WhatsApp and other social media platforms. The 15-second-long videos can also be used for displaying WhatsApp status. The platform provides an easy and seamless interface for users to create, edit, and share their videos."Our app has clicked with the short video creators' community because of a clean and easy-to-access user interface. Also, there were many creators who showcased their talents on apps such as TikTok and made a career out of it, and now with Changa, they have a chance to recover the lost ground, said Shubham Aggarwal, who started BITCS.
Last rites of social activist and former Haryana MLA Swami Agnivesh were performed at Behlpa village in Sohna area of Gurugram on September 12. He passed away at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi on Friday. He was suffering from liver cirrhosis and was critically ill.
Delhi Metro has resumed services from 7 am on September 07 as the part of unlock 4. In phase 1, metro services were resumed on Yellow Line connecting Samaypur Badli to Huda City Centre and Rapid Metro in Gurugram. While speaking to ANI, Atul Katiyar, Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic), Delhi said, "We have deployed police force at every metro station for crowd management and to ensure that people wear face masks and follow norms of social distancing." Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Delhi stands at 1,68,323.
Hundreds from a group calling themselves 'Resist and Act' have gathered in central London to rally against Covid-19 vaccines and public health restrictions.
Scuffles broke out between protesters and police, after the crowds formed human blockades opposite the officers to stop them from making arrests. Report by Alibhaiz. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn
Ahead of their season's opening match against Kings XI Punjab, the head coach of Delhi Capitals Ricky Ponting on September 19 said that IPL 2020 is going to be very different due to COVID-19 pandemic, and so will the preparations of Delhi Capitals. "Certainly it's going to be different, our preparations for playing this IPL is going to be different in anyway. The boys and the whole squad here have been under very strict COVID protocols which is unusual and different. So once we get to play our first game, playing in every stadium will be different there will some challenges there for the boys, but I do think that once the game starts I think we will get support from all around India and certainly in Delhi for the capitals," said Ponting ahead of their first match against Kings XI Punjab.
Two people have been killed and 14 have been left injured after a mass shooting in Rochester, New York state.
The attack happened at a gathering of about 100 people, which police said was breaking Covid-19 restrictions.
Interim Police Chief Mark Simmons added none of those wounded are believed to have sustained life-threatening injuries.
This comes after Rochester Police Department was rocked by the suffocation death of Daniel Prude. Report by Avagninag. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn
Biocon chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw on Monday night said she tested COVID-19 positive. "I have added to the Covid count by testing positive. Mild symptoms and... Mid-Day Also reported by •IndiaTimes