CRPF jawan Rakeshwar Singh Manhas reached his hometown, Jammu on Friday. Rakeshwar was released last week after being abducted by Naxals in Chhattisgarh. The jawan was warmly welcomed by family, friends who put garlands around his neck. “I am very happy that I am meeting my family today. Our soldiers were brave enough to fight back the Naxals,” Rakeshwar said. Rakeshwar was abducted by Naxals during the Sukma-Bijapur encounter on April 3. Rakeshwar, who was part of security force's elite CoBRA unit, was released on April 8. 22 security personnel were killed and 31 others were injured in the fierce gunbattle.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 02:28Published
A purported video from Sitalkuchi in Bengal's Cooch Behar is doing rounds on social media. Four villagers had died in the area in an altercation with CRPF jawans during the fourth phase of polling. Ruling TMC said video vindicates its position that there was no provocation for CRPF to fire. TMC MP and spokesperson Derek O'Brien went on to dub it as cold-blooded genocide. The video shows many locals gathered in a field, while some are seen wielding sticks. In the viral video, some central force jawans can also be seen. Soon firing can be heard, though it is not clear who fired the shot. Video shows a ruckus erupt in the area after the shots are fired. Earlier, Cooch Behar SP had said there was rumour that police opened fire. Debasish Dhar had added that the rumour led locals to come out in large numbers. The SP had said that this led the Central forces to open fire in self defence.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 02:02Published
Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF) under its Madadgaar project on Aprik 12 organised a 'Day out' picnic for the disabled youths at the famous Tulip garden in Srinagar. About 25 people were taken out for a day of fun, out of which 18 were disabled and 7 were helpers of them. CRPF also provided transport and refreshment to these disabled youths keeping in mind COVID norms. Such initiative was taken for disabled ones to give a change to the disabled usually living inside their homes and it was also an opportunity for them to interact with the normal people.
Maoists have claimed that they have held a jawan captive after Saturday’s encounter where 22 jawans were killed. A local journalist from Bastar, has said that Maoists called him and informed him that the jawan was safe and also set some conditions for his release. The journalist said that they have asked the Maoists to release a video or pictures of the missing jawan and they have agreed to do so. The Maoists have also demanded that a team of interlocutors be set up by the government. The ultras also claimed to have lost four of their men & seized 14 weapons from the forces. Watch the full video for all the details.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 04:05Published
The Bombay High Court today ordered the CBI to carry out a preliminary probe within 15 days into former Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh's allegations against Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. In a relief to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa, the Supreme Court has stayed the probe in the alleged corruption case involving 24 acres of government land. India witnessed the biggest ever Covid single-day spike of over 1 Lakh cases. Union home minister Amit Shah reached Chhattisgarh on Monday following Saturday’s Maoist attack in the state’s Bastar region
Veteran actor and Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan will campaign for Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress during the ongoing Assembly election.
#AnilDeshmukh #Covid19 #Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh chief minister Bhupesh Baghel commented on the deadly Bijapur gunfight. India lost over 20 soldiers in April 3 encounter with Maoists who ambushed forces reportedly hunting for Madvi Hidma. Hidma is a sinister Maoist believed to have hand in multiple attacks. Baghel said, “It was not an attack on (police) camp...We had gone there to corner them. We have been continuously setting up camps and making inroads into the Maoist bastions from three sides Dantewada, Sukma and Bijapur (south Bastar).” “Our operation (against Naxals) will be continued and more camps of security forces will be set up. The sacrifice of jawans will not go in vain. Road connectivity will also be expanded in the region and amenities will be provided to the local public,” he added. Watch the full video for more.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 04:30Published