PFI module had planned attacks on Jews visiting Tamil Nadu hill station, say NIA officials
Thursday, 29 September 2022 The Popular Front of India (PFI) has been extensively using social media for recruiting youths for anti-national activities and one of the modules of the now-banned outfit even had prepared to attack foreigners, especially Jews visiting Vattakkanal, a hill station in Tamil Nadu, officials said.
7 Little-Known , Black History Facts.
1. Shirley Chisholm, She was the first Black woman elected to Congress and survived multiple assassination attempts when she ran for President of the United States.
2. John Baxter Taylor , He was the first African American
to win an Olympic gold medal.
3. Billie Holiday, Her song, "Strange Fruit," was originally published as a poem by Abel Meeropol, a Jewish school teacher.
4. Hattie McDaniel, The first African American to win an Oscar, McDaniel wasn't allowed to attend the premiere of 'Gone with the Wind.'.
5. Phillis Wheatley, At only 12 years old, she became the
first published African American female author.
6. Josephine Baker , The famed entertainer worked as a
French Resistance spy during World War II.
7. Black History Month , It was decreed a national observance in
1976 by President Gerald Ford
Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories Duration: 00:54Published
5 Things, You May Not Know About Hanukkah.
Hanukkah is one of the most popular
Jewish holidays, but there are some things you
probably don't know about the holiday.
1. , Chocolate Coins Started
as Tips for Teachers.
Children used to give their teachers
money this time of year as a “thank you” tip.
2. , Hanukkah Falls on the Same
Hebrew Calendar Day Every Year.
Hanukkah falls on the 25th day of the month of Kislev,
which can be anywhere from November to December.
3. , Dreidel was Inspired
by a British Game.
The game of dreidel was inspired by a
British top called a teetotum.
4. , Oily Foods are Hanukkah’s
Potato pancakes and jelly donuts are eaten to acknowledge the oil burning for eight days.
5, There’s No Correct
Way to Spell It.
Common spellings include
Hanukkah, Hanukah, Chanukah,
Chanuka and Chanucah
Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories Duration: 01:06Published
MPs observe a one-minute silence in the House of Commons to mark the 80th anniversary of the declaration on the persecution of the Jews. The declaration took place on 17th December 1942, and reports from the time say that in response, MPs rose spontaneously and stood for a moment in silence. Marking the anniversary in the Commons chamber on Thursday were both Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer, alongside other MPs. Report by Jonesia. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn
Joshimath Sinking: PM Modi assured CM Dhami of all help required; 2 IndiGo Passengers Arrested For Drinking On Flight To Patna; Tamil Nadu Governor Walks Out Amid Row With MK Stalin Over His Speech; Dense fog pulls visibility down to minimum in Delhi, 29 trains delayed
#JoshimathSinking #PMModi #PushkarSinghDhami