India  

Covid-19 fiasco: Two Italian lawyers sue Italian PM Giuseppe Conte

PRAVDA Tuesday, 7 April 2020
Two Italian lawyers filed a lawsuit in Rome's Public Prosecutor's Office against Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, Interior Minister Luciana Lamorgese and Health Minister Roberto Speranza. As reported by Italian newspaper Il Giornale, lawyer Alfredo Lonoce and magistrate Augusto Sinagra "(who also held the position of EU Law professor at the faculty of Political Science in Rome's "La Sapienza" University for over ten years) are accusing the three members of the Italian government of underestimating the Covid-19 emergency and not acting promptly "by omitting any containment and preventive measures within the required timing and with the proper measures" and, as a consequence "of allowing the enormous dissemination of the Virus with shocking numbers of infected and deceased". The theory asserted by the two jurists is very similar to the one exposed by Harvard Business Review (which strongly criticized the Italian government for its delay in implementing the nation-wide lockdown): the government should have paid attention to what was happening in China where, in order to contain the Virus, a full lockdown had been implemented.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

You Might Like


Related videos from verified sources

Italian workers still waiting for their wages two months into lockdown [Video]

Italian workers still waiting for their wages two months into lockdown

Italian workers still waiting for their wages two months into lockdown

Credit: Euronews English     Duration: 01:44Published
Italian PM says training can start in May, no date for Serie A re-start [Video]

Italian PM says training can start in May, no date for Serie A re-start

Giuseppe Conte says individual trraining can start on May 4, with team training beginning two weeks later.

Credit: Reuters - Sports     Duration: 04:45Published

Tweets about this