Watch VideoWith a tariff deadline fast approaching, the U.S. and China have reached a deal on currency issues, following a meeting of President Donald Trump and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He.. Newsy - Published
President Donald Trump says he will consider delaying a March 1 deadline to reach a trade deal before he would escalate his tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese imports. (Feb. 22)
USATODAY.com - Published
According to Reuters, U.S. President Donald trump said on Friday that he may or may not include Chinese telecommunications companies Huawei and ZTE in the trade deal currently being negotiated between..
Sources tell Reuters that the United States and China have started to outline commitments in principle on the stickiest issues in their trade dispute, marking the most significant progress yet toward..
According to a report by Reuters, on Saturday, Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland said that she has made clear in a meeting with US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi the importance..
The bear is behind us. Or, at least, the bear that the market saw last quarter is behind us, according to Jim Cramer. "The sales and earnings are a lot better than you would have expected given that we..
The market responded positively to trade talk optimism Wednesday, Feb. 13. TheStreet's Joseph Woelfel wrote: Stocks were higher on Wednesday, Feb. 13, amid optimism that the-self imposed deadline for a..
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the U.S.-China trade talks in Washington (all times local): 3:20 p.m. President Donald Trump says he will consider delaying a March 2 deadline to reach a trade deal.. SeattlePI.com - Published
U.S. President Donald trump said on Friday he may or may not include Chinese telecommunications companies Huawei Technologies and ZTE Corp in the trade deal currently being negotiated between the.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
Oil prices reached their highest levels since mid-November on Friday, boosted by hopefulness that the United States and China would soon reach a trade deal, but new record U.S. oil supply limited.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce on Friday said gaps remain in the ongoing trade talks between the United States and China, particularly around structural issues, but urged both sides to make a.. Reuters India - Published
European markets ended mostly higher on Friday, amid optimism the U.S. and China will strike a trade deal in the foreseeable future after the two nations have reportedly begun outlining commitments on.. RTTNews - Published
Oil prices rose early on Friday, heading for a second weekly increase, driven up by optimism that the U.S. and China will forge a trade deal and that OPEC’s resolve to rebalance the market will.. OilPrice.com - Published
According to Reuters, an official for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce said that despite the progress, it was unlikely to see a U.S.-China trade get finalised this week.
· Gaps do.. FXstreet.com - Published
France opposes including agricultural products in any trade deal between the United States and the European Union, a source at French President Emmanuel Macron's office said on Friday. Reuters - Published
U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Friday on hopes of a trade deal between the United States and China, but a 26 percent plunge in Kraft Heinz Co hit the consumer staples sector. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
· *Prices of the WTI climbs further north of the $57.00 mark.*
· *EIA reported US supplies rose by nearly 3.7 mb last week.*
· *Baker Hughes’ oil rig count next of relevance later in the.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at TD Securities note that the German IFO survey disappointed broadly to the downside, indicating that sentiment still has yet to recover.
“The current conditions index.. FXstreet.com - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Kraft Heinz takes a $15 billion charge, reveals it has been subpoenaed by the SEC. *Kraft Heinz shares plunged 11% late Thursday after the food-products company.. Business Insider - Published
The mixed signals just keep on coming. Ahead of a planned meeting between US President Donald Trump and the Chinese vice premier Liu He markets have been relatively sanguine. US equities continue to.. Proactive Investors - Published
· *Chinese soybean demand is still low, causing a massive oversupply problem and a major headache for US soybean farmers.*
· *US soybean stocks have risen dramatically as the trade war takes its.. Business Insider - Published
· Stocks are likely to falter or drop no matter what happens in US-China trade talks, according to the director of global markets research for index developer FTSE Russell.
· Alec Young says.. Business Insider - Published
U.K. stocks rose slightly on Friday and the British pound declined slightly as investors watched Brexit-headlines and looked forward to an end to the U.S.-China trade conflict, ahead of the March 1.. RTTNews - Published
· *Buoyed by increased odds of US-China trade deal hopes, as the US dollar remains broadly subdued. *
· *Focus on US-China trade progress, Bakers and Hughes US oil rigs count data due at 1800.. FXstreet.com - Published
Ex-Honda UK boss Philip Crossman details the factors he believes led to the factory’s demise
Honda’s Swindon plant and workforce are the victims of being “in the wrong place at the wrong.. Autocar - Published
The European Union (EU) Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom was on the wires last minutes, via Reuters, noting that limited trade deal with the US could be possible by end-October.
She added that.. FXstreet.com - Published
Forex today stuck to tight trading ranges in Asia on the final trading of this week, except for the Kiwi, as markets remained in a wait and see mode awaiting the outcome of the crucial US-China trade.. FXstreet.com - Published
Krishen Rangasamy, analyst at National Bank Financial, points out that in the US, the Trump administration is once again contemplating using Section 232 of the U.S. Trade Expansion Act to impose.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD remains around 1.3030 before London open on Friday.*
· *Mixed outcomes from the Brexit and trade deal between the US and China confine the pair moves.*
· *Friday’s Trump-He meet and.. FXstreet.com - Published