The door to negotiations to resolve a dispute over Iran's nuclear agreement with world powers has not closed.
That was the message from Iran's foreign ministry spokesman on Monday (January 20).
Abbas Mousavi said Tehran still remains in the deal - and European leaders' claims about Iran violating it are unfounded.
The 2015 nuclear deal secured Tehran sanctions relief in return for limiting its nuclear work.
But Iran has gradually stepped back from its obligations after Washington quit the agreement before imposing stringent U.S. sanctions.
President Trump has said he wants a new deal that would cover nuclear issues, Iran's ballistic missile program and Iranian activities in the Middle East.
Earlier this month, Britain, France and Germany - also signatories to the pact - triggered a dispute mechanism, citing Iranian violations.
This started a diplomatic process that could lead to U.N.
Sanctions being reimposed.
The UK government has said a "Trump deal" could replace the 2015 agreement.
American relations with Iran have worsened in recent weeks, after the U.S. killed Iran's top military commander, before Iran retaliated with missile attacks on U.S. targets in Iraq.
On Monday, Iran's foreign ministry spokesman repeated his country's rejection of a "Trump deal".
Iranian officials have said Trump couldn't be trusted, so such deal wouldn't have any value.