Scotland’s chief medical officer was wrong to visit her family’s second home in Fife during the coronavirus pandemic, which went against her own advice that all Scots should stay at home, Nicola Sturgeon has said.
Dr Calderwood, who was issued with a police warning over her conduct and is facing calls to resign, told a briefing at the Scottish Government headquarters in Edinburgh on Sunday she had also visited the home in Fife last weekend with her husband.
On Tuesday, Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price asked Mr Drakeford during FirstMinister’s Questions if Wales should receive more than its population-share ofvaccines, given its higher median age. Mr Drakeford told the Senedd: “Idiscussed that very issue with the first ministers of Scotland, NorthernIreland and with Michael Gove of the Cabinet Office in our meeting onWednesday of last week."
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 00:40Published
Lockdown restrictions are to be extended until at least the middle of Februaryin Scotland, with schools remaining closed to the majority of pupils, NicolaSturgeon has announced. The First Minister told the Scottish Parliament thatCovid-19 case numbers have “stabilised and even declined”.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:09Published
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced that the stay-at-home lockdown in place across mainland Scotland and some island communities will remain in place “until at least the middle of February”. Report by Jonesia. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has urged people to stay at home for Hogmanayas Scotland recorded a further seven coronavirus deaths since Christmas.Latest figures show that seven Covid-19 deaths were recorded between December25 and 29, though the Scottish Government noted that register offices havebeen closed over the public holidays.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 00:52Published
The son of Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi has lost an appeal againsthis late father’s conviction. The bombing of Pan Am flight 103, travellingfrom London to New York on December 21 1988, killed 270 people in Britain’slargest terrorist atrocity. Former Libyan intelligence officer Megrahi wasfound guilty in 2001 of mass murder and jailed for life with a minimum term of27 years – the only person convicted of the attack. A third appeal against hisconviction was heard in November at the High Court in Edinburgh, before apanel of five judges sitting as the Court of Appeal.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:32Published