As the probe into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput intensifies, Union Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has now called for a fair probe into the case. In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Editor-in-Chief Shashi Shekhar, Prasad said that the actor's loss is a loss for the nation and not just the state of Bihar. The minister said that he was extremely saddened by the incident and the politics that followed his death. He also narrated an incident when he met the actor at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. Sushant SIngh Rajput died of suicide on June 14, 2020. The case has now been handed over to the CBI after an open tug-of-war between the Maharashtra police and the Bihar police. Sushant's father has named the deceased actor's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty in the FIR filed in Patna and accused her of abetment to suicide. He also alleged that there were some fraudulent financial transactions, following which the Enforcement Directorate filed a money laundering acase. Rhea and her family members have been questioned several times by the agency so far. Watch this full video for all the details.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 03:57Published
Approach path to the bridge, Bangra Ghat Mahasetu in Patna's Gopalganj collapsed on August 12. Incident took place after flow from Saran Dam increased following the damage in the dam. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had inaugurated Bangra Ghat Mahasetu in Gopalganj, through video conferencing on August 12.
New twists and turns continue to emerge in the Sushant Singh Rajput case with every passing day. Even as a political war continues between Bihar and Maharashtra, now the Central Bureau of Investigation has taken over the probe. This after Sushant's father filed an FIR in Patna accusing Rhea of abetment to suicide and also levelled allegations of financial fraud on the actor's girlfriend. A money laundering case has been filed by the Enforcement Directorate based on the complaint and Rhea and her family members have been questioned twice by the agency. Meanwhile, Rhea has moved the Supreme Court and filed petitions seeking transfer of all cases from Patna to Mumbai. In a separate plea, Rhea said that a media trial was underway and she had been declared guilty. She also said that she was being made a political scapegoat and alleged that the Bihar CM was behind the FIR against her in Patna. The CBI finds itself handling a case that has caught the attention of the nation. Watch this video to find out the top questions that the CBI needs to find answers to.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 02:28Published
Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut stood by his remark on actor Sushant Singh Rajput and his father's relationship. The Shiv Sena leader said that Sushant was not on good terms with father KK Singh. Raut added that he has sympathies for Singh, but there are 'many things that will come to surface'. Earlier, Raut had made the same remark in an article published on Saamana. He is the associate editor of Sena's editorial mouthpiece Saamana. "It is true, how many times did Sushant go to Patna to meet his father? I have sympathy for his father but there are many things that will come to surface," Raut said. This comes as Sushant Singh Rajput's death case intensifies with the investigative agency Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioning actor Rhea Chakraborty again on Monday. The ED held a marathon session with her brother Showik on Saturday evening. The interrogation went on for nearly 18 hours and ended on Sunday morning. In another editorial on the case, Raut had slammed Centre for handing over the case to Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Raut said that the decision has been taken for political gains and as part of pressure tactics. Last week, in his weekly column Rokhthok, Raut said decision is an attack on state's autonomy.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 02:32Published
Opposition and RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of inaugurating new projects in haste. He said, "On one hand, CM was inaugurating Bangra Ghat Mahasetu in Gopalganj and on the other hand, approach path to the bridge has collapsed. Same path had collapsed 12 days ago also. CM is in a haste to inaugurate new projects, what if lives were lost in this collapse?"
From the gap between India's active and discharged cases increasing to almost 10 lakh, to another member of Narendra Modi's cabinet testing positive for infection - here are the top news updates on the Covid-19 pandemic. Shripad Yesso Naik is the fifth Union minister to test positive. Home minister Amit Shah was the first member of the Union cabinet to be infected. Naik who is the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Ministry of Ayurved, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Homoeopathy (AYUSH), and Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence, is in home isolation. In Maharashtra, over 11,300 police personnel have so far been infected. While the death toll among Maharashtra cops has crossed 120, over 9,100 have recovered, and there are 2,000-plus active cases. In West Bengal, the state government withdrew the order regarding complete lockdown on August 28. However, lockdown orders remain in operation for August 20, 21, 27 and 31. India's total case tally has crossed 23.29 lakh, while the death toll has crossed 46,000. Over 16.39 lakh patients have been discharged so far. In international news, the discovery of a new case after 102 days in New Zealand has led the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, to say that postponement of the upcoming general elections is a possibility. Meanwhile, the Russian government said that the first batch of its Covid vaccine is likely to be released within two weeks. Russia has become the first country to declare a vaccine ready for use. Watch the full video for more updates regarding the spread of the Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 02:26Published
Hyderabad police personnel reported back to duty after recovering from coronavirus. At least 216 police personnel have come back on duty. They have received guard of honor. Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar also came to encourage the officials.
Health Ministry Secretary Rajesh Bhushan in a press conference over COVID-19 situation in India on August 11 informed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the video conferencing with 10 states on..