Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on March 01 said that State Cyber Cell submitted a preliminary report on October 12, 2020 Mumbai power outage and the reports suggested "cyber-sabotage attempt". "Maharashtra Cyber Cell has submitted a preliminary report on this. The report findings state there is evidence that suggests there might have been a cyber-sabotage attempt...The report handed over to minister Nitin Raut," said Home Minister Deshmukh.
From the Indian Railways planning new Oxygen Express trains, to 20 patients escaping from a care centre in Uttarakhand - here are the top news updates on the Covid-19 pandemic. The central government said that India became the fastest to inoculate 12.2 crore, a feat achieved in 92 days. Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, and Rajasthan saw record spikes in new cases. Watch the full video for the other updates on the spread of the Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 03:04Published
Uttar Pradesh Police personnel are ensuring strict implementation of Sunday lockdown at Noida-Delhi border. Cops are checking passes of people as they commute through the border. UP government imposed complete Sunday lockdown from April 18. UP has 1,70,059 active cases of COVID-19.
The national capital is reeling under COVID pandemic as it reported over 24,000 new COVID-19 cases on April 17 amid weekend curfew. Delhi has already surpassed Mumbai in becoming the worst-hit city due to COVID. Delhi Police has been actively patrolling for successful implementation of the new guidelines. Government had issued e-passes for movement of essential services. Weekend curfew has been implemented to break the chain of transmission. Other curbs including night curfew will remain in place till April 30.
Union Power Minister R K Singh said the Mumbai power outage of October 2020 was caused by ‘human error’ and there is no evidence to prove that it was trigged due to a cyber attack by China. Singh said, “Two teams investigated the power outage and reported that the outage was caused by human error and not due to cyber attack. One of the teams submitted that cyber attacks did happen but they were not linked to the Mumbai grid failure.” The Union Power Minister also added there is no evidence to say that the cyber attacks were carried out whether by China or Pakistan. On March 1, Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh had said that according to a preliminary report, the massive blackout on October 12 last year an attempt at ‘cyber-sabotage’. A report by US-based cybersecurity firm claimed that Chinese-state sponsored groups, had targeted power sector in India with malware. Watch the full video for more.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 05:44Published
Union Power Minister RK Singh on March 02 said that there is "no evidence of cyber-attacks by China" during Mumbai's power outage that happened in October 2020. RK Singh said, "Two teams investigated the power outage and submitted that the outage was caused by human error and not due to cyber attack. One of the teams submitted that cyber attack did happen but they were not linked to the Mumbai grid failure. Cyber attacks happened on our northern and southern region load dispatch centres but they (malware) could not reach our operating system. Maharashtra Home Minister has informed that cyber-attacks happened on their SCADA system in Mumbai. We don't have evidence to say that the cyber-attacks were carried out by China or Pakistan. Some people say that the group behind the attacks is Chinese but we don't have evidence. China will definitely deny it." On the other hand, Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh asked not politicizes the matter and said, "Cyber-attack issue is not just confined to Mumbai but it could spread across the country. I have spoken to Union Minister RK Singh about this. He has sought details about it and said that we should remain alert." On March 01, Anil Deshmukh had stated that October 2020 Mumbai power outage was cyber attack by China. It was later, denied by China.
Amit Shah and Mamata Banerjee play blame-game on the Cooch Behar incident. NIA arrests Riyaz Kazi in Antilia Bomb case. CBI calls PAs of Anil Deshmukh for questioning in corruption case. Centre halts export of Remdesivir and its active pharmaceutical ingredients. The Uttar Pradesh government orders closure of all schools amid rising covid infections. Rahul Gandhi slams Centre, says ‘middle class is not satisfied’. All this and more news at 9 PM.
#CoochBehar #AntiliaBombScare #Remdesivir
Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan on March 30 informed about the current status of COVID-19 pandemic in the country. He said that Delhi features in the 10 districts worst-hit by COVID-19. Of the 10..