India  

Chris Rock Receives Standing Ovation at First Show Since Oscars Slap: “I’m Still Kind of Processing What Happened” | THR N

Video Credit: The Hollywood Reporter - Duration: 01:08s - Published
Chris Rock Receives Standing Ovation at First Show Since Oscars Slap: “I’m Still Kind of Processing What Happened” | THR N

Chris Rock Receives Standing Ovation at First Show Since Oscars Slap: “I’m Still Kind of Processing What Happened” | THR N

After getting slapped by Will Smith at the Academy Awards ceremony, Rock opened his comedy show in Boston on Wednesday with, "How was your weekend?"


You Might Like


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Will Smith Will Smith American actor and rapper (born 1968)

Jada Pinkett Smith Hopes Will Smith & Chris Rock Will “Reconcile” After Oscars | THR News [Video]

Jada Pinkett Smith Hopes Will Smith & Chris Rock Will “Reconcile” After Oscars | THR News

Ahead of premiering Wednesday’s 'Red Table Talk' discussion on alopecia, Jada Pinkett Smith briefly addressed the Oscars incident between husband Will Smith and Chris Rock.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter    Duration: 01:41Published
Nate Burleson on Juggling Many Jobs and Wants to Interview Dave Chappelle and Will Smith | New York Power 2022 [Video]

Nate Burleson on Juggling Many Jobs and Wants to Interview Dave Chappelle and Will Smith | New York Power 2022

Nate Burleson spoke with The Hollywood Reporter on the red carpet of New York Power event.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter    Duration: 02:46Published
Dave Chappelle Attacked Onstage While Performing in LA [Video]

Dave Chappelle Attacked Onstage While Performing in LA

Dave Chappelle Attacked Onstage , While Performing in LA. NPR reports that while Chappelle was performing at the Hollywood Bowl on May 3, . NPR reports that while Chappelle was performing at the Hollywood Bowl on May 3, . a man rushed the stage and physically attacked the comedian. LAPD confirmed that the suspect is 23-year-old Isaiah Lee. Lee was armed with a replica gun that contained a knife inside. NBC News reports Lee has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon, and his bail has been set at $30,000. Chappelle, who was unharmed, continued the show and joked that "it was a trans man" who attacked him, . referencing the backlash he's received from the trans community over his Netflix special, 'The Closer.'. referencing the backlash he's received from the trans community over his Netflix special, 'The Closer.'. Chris rock, who performed earlier that night, came back to the stage and said, "Was that Will Smith?,". making light of the incident at the Oscars in which Smith slapped Rock onstage

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published

Boston Boston Capital and largest city of Massachusetts, United States

Matt Fitzpatrick: US Open champion on 'hit and hope' bunker shot that led to win

Matt Fitzpatrick admits that "one of the best shots" he has ever hit that led to him winning the US Open in Boston, was actually a "hit and hope".
BBC Sport

US Open 2022: Highlights - Brilliant Fitzpatrick wins US Open

Watch highlights of Matt Fitzpatrick's final round as he shoots a two-under par 68 to win the US Open by one shot at the Brookline Country Club, Boston.
BBC Sport

US Open leader Matt Fitzpatrick says US Amateur win at Brookline in 2013 is helping this week

Matt Fitzpatrick says winning the US Amateur at Brookline in 2013 will give him "an edge" as he chases his first major at the Boston course on Sunday.
BBC Sport
Mario Batali Acquitted in Boston Sexual Assault Case [Video]

Mario Batali Acquitted in Boston Sexual Assault Case

Mario Batali Acquitted , in Boston Sexual Assault Case. On May 10, celebrity chef Mario Batali was acquitted of sexually assaulting a woman at a Boston bar in 2017. On May 10, celebrity chef Mario Batali was acquitted of sexually assaulting a woman at a Boston bar in 2017. Reuters reports that Judge James Stanton of Boston Municipal Court found Batali not guilty of indecent assault and battery. . Reuters reports that Judge James Stanton of Boston Municipal Court found Batali not guilty of indecent assault and battery. . His accuser, Natali Tene, testified that Batali groped her and forcibly kissed her while drunkenly posing for selfies with her at a bar. . His accuser, Natali Tene, testified that Batali groped her and forcibly kissed her while drunkenly posing for selfies with her at a bar. . According to the judge, Tene was found to have "significant credibility issues," which determined his verdict. . The judge ruled that photos from the incident created reasonable doubt that an assault had occurred. Reuters reports that Batali left the courtroom surrounded by reporters following the judge's ruling and declined to comment on the decision. . Reuters reports that Batali left the courtroom surrounded by reporters following the judge's ruling and declined to comment on the decision. . In December 2017, the website Eater.com detailed four other women's allegations that Batali inappropriately touched them over at least two decades. . In December 2017, the website Eater.com detailed four other women's allegations that Batali inappropriately touched them over at least two decades. . In July 2021, Batali and his business partner agreed to pay $600,000 to at least 20 former employees of their Manhattan restaurants to resolve sexual harassment claims. . In July 2021, Batali and his business partner agreed to pay $600,000 to at least 20 former employees of their Manhattan restaurants to resolve sexual harassment claims. . Following the Eater.com report, Batali was fired from ABC's 'The Chew' and eventually cut ties with a number of restaurants that he partly owned. Following the Eater.com report, Batali was fired from ABC's 'The Chew' and eventually cut ties with a number of restaurants that he partly owned. At the time, Batali apologized for his "deeply inappropriate" behavior but denied allegations of sexual assault. At the time, Batali apologized for his "deeply inappropriate" behavior but denied allegations of sexual assault

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published
Shohei Ohtani Matches Babe Ruth, Makes History in Boston [Video]

Shohei Ohtani Matches Babe Ruth, Makes History in Boston

Shohei Ohtani Matches Babe Ruth, , Makes History in Boston. CNN reports two-way Major League Baseball superstar Shohei Ohtani is having a season for the history books. On May 5, Ohtani threw seven scoreless innings against the Boston Red Sox, striking out 11 batters. On May 5, Ohtani threw seven scoreless innings against the Boston Red Sox, striking out 11 batters. In leading his Los Angeles Angels to an 8-0 victory, Ohtani's prowess has put him in some legendary company. Batting third and pitching for the first time at Fenway Park, Ohtani became the first player to start as a pitcher... Batting third and pitching for the first time at Fenway Park, Ohtani became the first player to start as a pitcher... ... and bat in the top four spots since Babe Ruth did the same on September 20, 1919. ... and bat in the top four spots since Babe Ruth did the same on September 20, 1919. The all-around star managed to go 2-for-4 in the game, driving in one run in the eighth inning. The all-around star managed to go 2-for-4 in the game, driving in one run in the eighth inning. Joe Maddon, the manager of the Angels, has been impressed with the ability of Ohtani, calling his skills "otherworldly.". Joe Maddon, the manager of the Angels, has been impressed with the ability of Ohtani, calling his skills "otherworldly.". I hope you don’t start taking that for granted. Like it’s old hat. , Joe Maddon, Manager of Los Angeles Angels, via CNN. It’s just so unusual. It’s otherworldly, on this level of this game. , Joe Maddon, Manager of Los Angeles Angels, via CNN. Ohtani threw 99 pitches in the game, a season-high. 81 of them were strikes. Ohtani threw 99 pitches in the game, a season-high. 81 of them were strikes

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published

Academy Awards Academy Awards Annual awards for cinematic achievements

Michael J. Fox and Others To Receive Honorary Oscars at Governors Awards [Video]

Michael J. Fox and Others To Receive Honorary Oscars at Governors Awards

Michael J. Fox and Others To Receive , Honorary Oscars at Governors Awards. This year's Governors Awards will take place on Nov. 19 in Los Angeles. This year's Governors Awards will take place on Nov. 19 in Los Angeles. On June 21, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced several celebrities will receive honorary Oscars this year. 'People' reports that those celebrities include Michael J. Fox, Euzhan Palcy, Peter Weir and Diane Warren. 'People' reports that those celebrities include Michael J. Fox, Euzhan Palcy, Peter Weir and Diane Warren. 'People' reports that those celebrities include Michael J. Fox, Euzhan Palcy, Peter Weir and Diane Warren. 'People' reports that those celebrities include Michael J. Fox, Euzhan Palcy, Peter Weir and Diane Warren. David Rubin, Academy president, said they were chosen because of their , "indelible contributions to cinema and the world at large." . Honorary Oscars are given, "to honor extraordinary distinction in lifetime achievement, exceptional contributions to the state of motion picture arts and sciences, or for outstanding service to the Academy.". Rubin went on to address the impact each honoree has had. Michael J. Fox's tireless advocacy of research on Parkinson's disease alongside his boundless optimism exemplifies the impact of one person in changing the future for millions, David Rubin, Academy president, via statement. Euzhan Palcy is a pioneering filmmaker whose groundbreaking significance in international cinema is cemented in film history. , David Rubin, Academy president, via statement. Peter Weir is a director of consummate skill and artistry whose work reminds us of the power of film to reveal the full range of human experience, David Rubin, Academy president, via statement. Diane Warren's music and lyrics have magnified the emotional impact of countless motion pictures and inspired generations of musical artists. , David Rubin, Academy president, via statement

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published

Oscar-winning director held in Italy over sexual assault allegations

Film director Paul Haggis is being held in Italy pending a court hearing while prosecutors investigate a woman's allegations he had sex with her without her..
Sky News

Oscar-Winning Screenwriter Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy for Sexual Assault

Paul Haggis -- famous for writing/directing 2006's Best Picture, "Crash" -- has been arrested in Italy for sexual assault ... this according to multiple reports...
TMZ.com
Kevin Spacey Charged With Four Counts of Sexual Assault in UK [Video]

Kevin Spacey Charged With Four Counts of Sexual Assault in UK

Kevin Spacey , Charged With Four Counts , of Sexual Assault in UK. 'The Guardian' reports that actor Kevin Spacey will appear at Westminster magistrates court on June 16. According to the Metropolitan police, Spacey is charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men. . Scotland Yard reportedly added that Spacey has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. Scotland Yard reportedly added that Spacey has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. 'The Guardian' reports that the charges come after a review by the Crown Prosecution Service of evidence obtained by the Met. . Spacey has been charged with two counts of sexual assault on a man, now in his 40s, in March of 2005. . Another of the charges relates to the sexual assault of a man, now in his 30s, in August 2008. The third charge of causing a person to engage in nonconsensual penetrative sexual activity was made by the same man as the 2008 incident. The third charge of causing a person to engage in nonconsensual penetrative sexual activity was made by the same man as the 2008 incident. The fourth charge of sexual assault dates back to April 2013 in Gloucestershire. The 'Associated Press' reports that Spacey was questioned by British police in 2019. . The actor ran London's Old Vic theater from 2004 to 2015. In 2017, the two-time Academy Award winner's career was brought to an abrupt halt after actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of assaulting him when Rapp was still a teenager. In 2017, the two-time Academy Award winner's career was brought to an abrupt halt after actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of assaulting him when Rapp was still a teenager

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published

Related videos from verified sources

Tony Awards Announce ‘No Violence’ Policy Prior to 2022 Show [Video]

Tony Awards Announce ‘No Violence’ Policy Prior to 2022 Show

Tony Awards Announce , ‘No Violence’ Policy Prior to 2022 Show. The new policy comes on the heels of the Oscars incident in which Will Smith slapped Chis Rock on stage. The new policy comes on..

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories     Duration: 01:30Published
John Oliver Criticizes O.J. Simpson for Weighing In on Will Smith’s Oscars Slap | THR News [Video]

John Oliver Criticizes O.J. Simpson for Weighing In on Will Smith’s Oscars Slap | THR News

John Oliver criticized O.J. Simpson for sharing his opinion about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at last week’s Oscars.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter     Duration: 01:23Published
Chris Rock’s Brother Doesn’t Accept Will Smith’s Apology: “I Don’t Think It Was Genuine” | THR News [Video]

Chris Rock’s Brother Doesn’t Accept Will Smith’s Apology: “I Don’t Think It Was Genuine” | THR News

In an interview with The Los Angeles Times, Kenny Rock weighed in on the incident that took place at the Oscars: "It eats at me watching it over and over again because you’ve seen a loved one being..

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter     Duration: 01:20Published