U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday said China should free two Canadian citizens who were detained this week after authorities in Canada arrested a senior Chinese technology executive on a.. Credit: Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
Asian markets bounced after China reportedlypromised to buy $180 million of US soybeans, easing market tensions of an escalating trade war with the US. ECB President Mario Draghi will speak later today..
According to Business Insider, US investigators have reportedly traced the massive data breach on Marriott customer data to Chinese hackers, a move that will likely exacerbate ongoing US-China economic..
The US has a new strategy for Africa to counter China and Russia. Rather than roll their eyes at the new scramble for the continent, Africans should see it as a chance to get the best deal for.. Credit: Deutsche Welle - Published
In the two weeks since a Huawei tech executive was arrested in Canada at the request of the United States, two other Canadians have been detained in China. Are Ottawa’s fears of becoming a proxy in.. Credit: France 24 - Published
A Chinese tech heiress is arrested in Canada, at the request of the United States, accused of breaching sanctions against Iran. Credit: Brisbane Times - Published Also reported by •Sydney Morning Herald •The Age
· *President Donald Trump scored an outright victory in his ongoing trade spat when Chinese President Xi Jinping backed off his "Made in China 2025" push.*
· *"Made in China 2025" is a plan to make.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· China's November industrial production growth eased sharply from 5.9% to 5.4%, the lowest level since 2009. Global stocks plunged.
· Retail growth also eased, growing at 8.1%, which is the.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Analysts at Standard Chartered point out that China’s November data was quite disappointing as industrial production (IP) and retail sales growth fell considerably short of market expectations, at.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Regardless of what Trump does in terms abusing his own sanctions laws in order to get a trade deal with China, Canada must demonstrate its commitment to its foundational democratic values of justice.. Credit: CBC.ca - Published
* • Fails to capitalize on this week’s steady recovery led by US-China trade optimism. • Disappointing Chinese macro data prompts some aggressive selling on Friday. • Subdued USD.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
New Zealand shares fell as uncertainty over the global economy and US-China trade tensions pushed Asian markets lower. Exporters Fisher & Paykel Healthcare, A2 Milk and Comvita all declined. The.. Credit: New Zealand Herald - Published