Internet services for sharing personal information and ideas
are interactive computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks. The variety of stand-alone and built-in social media services currently available introduces challenges of definition; however, there are some common features:
- Social media are interactive Web 2.0 Internet-based applications.
- User-generated content, such as text posts or comments, digital photos or videos, and data generated through all online interactions, is the lifeblood of social media.
- Users create service-specific profiles for the website or app that are designed and maintained by the social media organization.
- Social media facilitate the development of online social networks by connecting a user's profile with those of other individuals or groups.
No news matches foundSorry, we were unable to find any results in our database for your query
Free news archive access
Did you know?
You are eligible to search our news archive with millions of news references free of charge.
To do this, please sign in first at the top of the screen.
• Information about free access to our news archive
Search this site and the web:
You Might Like