Evening News Wrap: Jaishankar thanks Iranian counterpart for evacuation of Indians; student raped inside Kolkata law college; and more
Friday, 27 June 2025 India's External Affairs Minister Jaishankar thanked Iran for aiding the evacuation of over 4,400 Indians amidst the escalating Iran-Israel conflict. Simultaneously, China announced a trade breakthrough with the US, claiming the cancellation of restrictive measures. In Kolkata, a student was raped within a law college, leading to arrests and public outcry.
Amid rising Middle East tensions, Iran’s embassy in Delhi issued a statement thanking Indian citizens, political parties, and institutions for standing with Tehran during its conflict with Israel. Notably, the statement avoided mentioning the Indian government, which maintained a neutral stance....
The discussions for a bilateral trade deal could not take place as the US delegation called off its visit, but the minister said "negotiations are still going on.. IndiaTimes
India is temporarily suspending most postal services to the US due to new customs regulations. Amid trade tensions, Jaishankar asserts India's autonomy in its.. IndiaTimes
Jaishankar's comments come amid speculation that India and China are cozying up due to the US' trade pressure on both the countries. Earlier this week, Chinese.. DNA
Jaishankar also argued that the tariff issue was being wrongly presented as an "oil dispute." He noted that the same criticism levelled at India for purchasing.. DNA
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar stated that India's relationship with China should be considered independently from its ties with the United States. He.. IndiaTimes
Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge has strongly criticized Prime Minister Modi's economic reforms, citing concerns over unemployment and declining wages. This.. IndiaTimes
The Prime Minister on Friday is scheduled to flag off metro train services on the newly constructed sections in Kolkata at around 4:15 PM. He will undertake a.. DNA
Iran-backed Houthi PM killed in Israeli airstrikes on Yemen's capital
Iran-backed Houthi Prime Minister Ahmed al-Rahawi was killed in Israeli airstrikes on Sanaa, according to Yemeni and Israeli reports. The strikes also targeted top military officials, including the group's defence minister.
READ MORE : http://www.euronews.com/2025/08/29/iran-backed-houthi-pm-killed-in-israeli-airstrikes-on-yemens-capital
Subscribe to our channel. Euronews is available on Dailymotion in 12 languages
Credit: euronews (in English) Duration: 01:10Published
Gaza War BREAKING: Israel has escalated the Gaza War, with the IDF declaring Gaza City a “dangerous combat zone” and halting all humanitarian aid. This move comes amid intensified battles and heavy bombardment, raising fears of a worsening humanitarian crisis. The announcement signals a new phase in the war as Israel tightens its grip while international pressure mounts over civilian casualties and aid restrictions.
#GazaWar #IsraelGaza #IsraelAttacksGaza #GazaUnderAttack #IsraelGazaWar #IDFAttack #GazaCrisis #WarOnGaza #GazaFamine #GazaCombatZone #IsraelStrikes #IsraelWarCrime #FreePalestine #GazaNews #MiddleEastConflict #IranIsraelTensions #StopTheWar #HumanitarianCrisis #GazaBombing #IsraelGazaConflict
~HT.410~PR.152~ED.194~
UN votes to end its peacekeeping force in Lebanon after nearly five decades
The multinational peacekeeping force known as UNIFIL has played a significant role in monitoring the security situation in southern Lebanon for decades, including during the Israel-Hezbollah conflict last year.
READ MORE : http://www.euronews.com/2025/08/29/un-votes-to-end-its-peacekeeping-force-in-lebanon-after-nearly-five-decades
Subscribe to our channel. Euronews is available on Dailymotion in 12 languages
Credit: euronews (in English) Duration: 01:20Published
Israel has said it is suspending pauses to allow the delivery of humanitarian aid to Gaza City, calling it a "dangerous combat zone", AP news agency has.. Sky News
Families leave Gaza City ahead of expanded Israeli offensive
Plumes of smoke rose over Gaza on Friday as Israel prepared for an expanded offensive in the territory, warning Gaza City could face destruction in the coming days.
READ MORE : http://www.euronews.com/2025/08/29/families-leave-gaza-city-ahead-of-expanded-israeli-offensive
Let the pictures do the talking: subscribe to No Comment
No Comment is brought to you by euronews, the most watched news channel in Europe.
Credit: euronews (in English) Duration: 01:00Published
Iran has executed three men accused of spying for Israel’s Mossad, just one day after U.S. President Donald Trump announced a ceasefire between Iran and Israel. The executions are part of a sweeping..
Delhi: In the middle of the Israel-Iran conflict, the Indian government started ‘Operation Sindhu’ to bring back Indian citizens safely. On Monday, 293 Indians were successfully brought back home..
In a dramatic escalation, Qatar has officially closed its airspace amid growing Iran-Israel tensions. The closure, confirmed via a NOTAM, directly affects Al Udeid Air Base—the largest U.S. military..
Matt Gaetz criticised leaders and media pushing for a US involvement in the Israel-Iran conflict, suggesting it resembles the lead-up to the Iraq War and is... IndiaTimes
The Israel Defense Forces on Friday stated that Iranian ballistic missile hit a children's center in southern Israel. The Colel Chabad Daycare Center in... DNA
The Israeli military said it was shelling targets in Syria on Tuesday in response to a pair of projectile launches, with Defence Minister Israel Katz saying he... IndiaTimes