Congress MP Partap Singh Bajwa wrote a letter to President Ram Nath Kovind over killing of Shaurya Chakra awardee Balwinder Singh. He said, "It is imperative that responsible including policemen who prepared inputs that led to his security cover being withdrawn should be investigated through high-level probe." Speaking to ANI, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) In-Charge, Harish Rawat said, "Partap Singh Bajwa has every right to write to the President but he should have written first to Punjab Chief Minister as law and order is a state subject."
A day after Shaurya Chakra awardee Balwinder Singh Sandhu was assassinated in Punjab, his wife, Jagdish Kaur, blamed the government and intelligence agencies for not paying heed to the several appeals that they made for security. She said, “There are 42 registered FIRs on attacks on our family and countless other attacks have taken place which are not on record. Withdrawal of security was wrong.” She added, “Those who treat security cover as a status symbol have been provided with it. We actually needed it but were not given.” The 62-year-old Sandhu, who fought terrorism in Punjab, was shot dead in the district on October 16, months after the government withdrew his security cover. The motorcycle-borne men pumped four bullets into him when he was at his office adjoining his home at Bhikhiwind. Watch the full video for more details.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 04:03Published
Members of Punjab Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Mahila Morcha were stopped on their way to CM Captain Amarinder Singh's residence on October 28. They were on the way to CM's house to protest over alleged rape and murder of a 6-year-old girl in Hoshiarpur.
Shaurya Chakra award winner shot dead in Punjab's Tarn Taran district by two unidentified men. Balwinder Singh had fought against terrorism and his family remained on hit list of the terrorists for years. The security provided by the state government to the 62-year-old was removed a year ago on the recommendation of the local police. Punjab government has formed a Special Investigation Team to look into the murder. In CCTV footage, two unidentified men can be seen, one of whom went up to his house and shot him at point blank range.
Populists who argue the coronavirus is harmless are dangerous and irresponsible, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Thursday, defending a circuit break lockdown aimed at slowing the spread of the virus.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) reached the residence of the 21-year-old woman, who was shot dead in Ballabhgarh on October 26. Both the accused in the case have been arrested and are in police custody.
In a heinous crime, two bike-borne men attacked a woman in Haryana with acid. The incident happened in Panipat on October 26. "FIR has been registered. Based on the CCTV footage, we are identifying the men," a police official said.
Body of 21-year-old student, who was shot dead in Haryana's Ballabhgarh brought to her residence from hospital. The family members then took the body to crematorium for the cremation. Earlier in the day, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar assured that strict action will be taken against the accused. The whole incident was captured in a CCTV footage placed outside victim's college. She could be seen trying to save herself but was shot at point blank range. After shooting the girl, the assailant fled with his associate in the car. Locals and family members of the student also staged a protest. Police earlier today arrested the attacker Touseef and his accomplice, Rehan, and have sent them to two days police custody.
CCTV of an alleged people-smuggling trip shown in case where a group ofVietnamese people suffocated in a sweltering sealed container as it wastransported from Zeebrugge in Belgium to Purfleet in Essex. On October 23 lastyear, a group of Vietnamese people suffocated in a sweltering sealed containeras it was transported from Zeebrugge in Belgium to Purfleet in Essex. Thetragedy allegedly followed two similar people-smuggling runs, the court hasheard. CCTV of the alleged successful people-smuggling trip. On the eveningOctober 17 last year, driver Eamonn Harrison was captured on film as hedropped off a trailer, allegedly containing the biscuits and migrants, at theport of Zeebrugge. This video has been shown at the Old Bailey, London, duringthe trial of four men - Gheorghe Nica, Eamonn Harrison, Christopher Kennedyand Valentin Calota - for being part of an alleged people-smuggling ringlinked to the death of 39 migrants in a lorry in Essex.
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:09Published