Uttar Pradesh Police personnel are ensuring strict implementation of Sunday lockdown at Noida-Delhi border. Cops are checking passes of people as they commute through the border. UP government imposed complete Sunday lockdown from April 18. UP has 1,70,059 active cases of COVID-19.
The national capital is reeling under COVID pandemic as it reported over 24,000 new COVID-19 cases on April 17 amid weekend curfew. Delhi has already surpassed Mumbai in becoming the worst-hit city due to COVID. Delhi Police has been actively patrolling for successful implementation of the new guidelines. Government had issued e-passes for movement of essential services. Weekend curfew has been implemented to break the chain of transmission. Other curbs including night curfew will remain in place till April 30.
Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar suggested complete lockdown amid rising cases in the city as according to her 95% of Mumbaikars are adhering to COVID19 restrictions. "The remaining 5% of people who are not following restrictions are causing problems to others," said Pednekar. "I think a complete lockdown should be imposed looking at the current COVID19 situation," opined Mumbai Mayor.
Union health minister Harsh Vardhan hit out at state governments seeking widening of the Covid-19 vaccine net amid a surge in infections. He accused governments of states like Maharashtra and Delhi of playing politics, instead of administering vaccines comprehensively among people currently eligible. He also dismissed claims of vaccine shortage by Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar. Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray had recently written to PM Narendra Modi seeking expansion of vaccine net to include those aged 25 and above in order to cover the 'young, working' population. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal had a similar demand. The Aam Aadmi Party also questioned the central govt's move to export vaccines. Watch the full video for more.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 05:30Published
From the Indian Railways planning new Oxygen Express trains, to 20 patients escaping from a care centre in Uttarakhand - here are the top news updates on the Covid-19 pandemic. The central government said that India became the fastest to inoculate 12.2 crore, a feat achieved in 92 days. Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, and Rajasthan saw record spikes in new cases. Watch the full video for the other updates on the spread of the Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 03:04Published
As Maharashtra is witnessing an unprecedented rise in COVID-19 cases, the state and its capital city Mumbai is facing shortage of oxygen cylinders - crucial support for critical patients of COVID-19...