Canada confirmed on Tuesday that one of its citizens was detained in China but said it saw no explicit connection to the arrest in Vancouver of a top executive at Chinese telecoms giant Huawei Technologies Co [HWT.UL].
Meng Wanzhou, one of Huawei’s top executives and the eldest daughter of the company’s founder/CEO, will be released on bail and kept under tight monitoring over bank fraud allegations, a Canadian court ruled today. The Star Vancouver reported the decision Tuesday, which comes after a growing wave..
Google may have evaded the first few rounds of grill-a-tech-exec, but its CEO Sundar Pichai wound up in the hotseat on the Hill after all. Pichai appeared today, weathering a three and a half hour-long hearing solo with no competitors to offload congressional ire onto. To his credit, Pichai performed..
· Verizon will write down the value of Oath in the fourth quarter 2018 by $4.6 billion.
· The writedown is the result of competitive pressures in the digital ad business.
· The integration between Yahoo and AOL never achieved the benefits Verizon previously anticipated, according to the..
· Most CEOs tend to choose their words carefully, fearing the consequences of saying anything that could be deemed controversial.
· But Elon Musk is not nearly as cautious, sometimes appearing to speak his mind and deal with the consequences later.
· The CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, and The..
· Chinese video game publisher Tencent recently implemented facial recognition software to verify the ages of the people playing its games in China.
· The software uses a government database to verify a player's identity. Players are under the age of 18 are limited to playing two hours a day,..