The resumption of ferry services between India and Sri Lanka, led by the Shipping Corporation of India, marks a historic diplomatic milestone. Prime Minister Modi and President Wickremesinghe lauded the move, emphasizing its potential to enhance bilateral ties, cultural connections, and regional...
The RMC predicts a week-long break from heavy rainfall in Tamil Nadu starting Sunday, with scattered rain expected in some areas. A cyclonic circulation in the Arabian Sea might cause minor rainfall in parts but no major disturbances are forecasted. Chennai may have light showers until Monday due to lingering moisture from Cyclone Michaung.
#RMC #CycloneMichuang #Michuang #Chennai #TamilNadurains #Weather #Cyclonenews #Indianews #Oneindia #Oneindianews
Pervez Khan, a Chennai resident of three decades, shares a poignant tale with Oneindia's Pankaj Mishra. Tragically, his close friend's wife succumbed to the lack of medical aid amid the heavy rains and floods in the city. In a conversation, Pervez discusses the challenges his friend's family endured during the flood crisis, which claimed over a dozen lives in Tamil Nadu. The crucial question emerges: Could proactive preparation for Cyclone Michaung have averted these losses? Find out more in the interview.
#ChennaiFloods #CycloneMichaung #DisasterPreparedness #ClimateImpact #EmergencyResponse #CommunityResilience #HumanStories
10 Festive Holiday-Themed , World Records.
10. The record for the tallest stack of Hanukkah donuts was set in Johannesburg, South Africa, in 2018, Members of the Jewish Life Center stacked
more than 3,100 donuts.
9. The record for the most snowmen created in an hour was set in Akabira, Hokkaido, Japan, in 2015, 1,400 people created 2,036 snowmen to set the record.
8. The record for the most expensive dreidel was
set in Manalapan, Florida, in 2015. , Created by Pedro Maldonado, the dreidel is worth $14,000.
7. The record for the most expensive Christmas tree was set in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, in 2010, The tree and its decorations were worth
more than $11 million.
6. The record for the largest gingerbread man
was set in Oslo, Norway, in 2009. , Made of less than 10 ingredients, the gingerbread cookie weighed almost three-quarters of a ton.
5. The record for the most menorahs lit at the same time was set in Montgomery, New Jersey, in 2012. , 834 people lit their menorahs simultaneously.
4. The record for the longest Santa wish list
was set in Lapland, Finland, in 2012. , Containing almost 76,000 wishes, the list was 13,000 feet long.
3. The record for the most couples kissing underneath the mistletoe was set in Kissimmee, Florida, in 2017. , 448 couples set the world record.
2. The record for the most dreidels spinning at the same time was set in Philadelphia in 2011, The United Synagogue Youth group spun
734 dreidels simultaneously.
1. The record for the tallest faux Christmas tree was set in Colombo, Sri Lanka, in 2016. , The tree was more than 236 feet tall
Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories Duration: 01:31Published
Sri Lanka anticipates significant relief from its economic turmoil. Reports indicate a pending debt-restructuring agreement with creditor nations, pivotal amid the country's $36.6 billion external debt. Pending IMF approval may secure up to $900 million in funding, but bondholder negotiations remain crucial.
#SriLanka #Srilankacrisis #Foodcrisis #Economicrisis #Srilankaeconomy #India #China #Worldnews #Oneindia #Oneindianews
In a significant move to boost its tourism, Malaysia has declared it will be scrapping the entry visa requirements for citizens of India, starting the 1st of December. This announcement, made by Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, follows similar actions taken by Vietnam, Thailand, and Sri Lanka in recent times.
#Malaysia #MalaysiaVisa #VisaFreeEntry #MalaysiaIndia #AnwarIbrahim