India  

Based on caste survey, Bihar to increase quota

IndiaTimes Wednesday, 8 November 2023
The Bihar government has decided to increase the job reservation for marginalized communities from 50% to 65% based on the Bihar Caste Survey Report. This increase, along with a 10% quota for economically weaker sections, brings the total quota in Bihar to 75%. The new quota allocation is based on the population proportion of each group, with 20% for Scheduled Castes, 2% for Scheduled Tribes, and 43% for backward classes and extremely backward classes. This move by the government is supported by the caste-based headcount and aims to fend off legal challenges.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video Credit: Oneindia - Published
News video: Amit Shah's Explosive Claims on Bihar Caste Survey | Tejashwi Yadav Replies | Oneindia News

Amit Shah's Explosive Claims on Bihar Caste Survey | Tejashwi Yadav Replies | Oneindia News 04:31

Amit Shah's recent allegations against the Bihar government's caste survey have ignited a significant debate. Explore the contentious accusations of inflated population figures for Muslims and Yadavs in Bihar. Join the discussion, share your opinions, and stay updated on this developing...

You Might Like


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Bihar Bihar State in eastern India

Lok Sabha elections 2024 Phase 4 schedule: Key states, candidates

The fourth phase of the 2024 Lok Sabha elections on May 13 includes various states like Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh,..
IndiaTimes
Second Phase Voting Live Coverage On 26th April Only on Oneindia| Lok Sabha Elections 2024 [Video]

Second Phase Voting Live Coverage On 26th April Only on Oneindia| Lok Sabha Elections 2024

On April 26, the nation will witness the crucial voting phase of the 2024 general elections. Across 13 states, a total of 89 Lok Sabha constituencies will be up for polling. The states participating in this phase include Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Rajasthan, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, and Jammu & Kashmir. It's a pivotal moment for democracy as citizens exercise their right to vote and shape the future of the nation. #loksabhaelection #loksabhaelectiondate2024hindinews #loksabhaelectionsmodi #loksabhavotinglivetoday #loksabhavotingnews #loksabhavotingprocess #vidhansabhavotinglive #SecondPhase #news #Oneinda #Oneindia news ~PR.152~ED.102~GR.125~HT.96~

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 01:03Published

Related news from verified sources

Strong quake in Nepal jolts several Bihar districts

An earthquake of magnitude 6.4 hit Nepal on Friday night, whose tremors were felt across Northern parts of India including Bihar. In Bihar, the tremors were felt...
IndiaTimes

Based on caste survey, Bihar to increase quota

The Bihar government has decided to increase the job reservation for marginalized communities from 50% to 65% based on the Bihar Caste Survey Report. This...
IndiaTimes

Congress busy with polls, INDIA not moving: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar

Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar criticized the Congress party for being solely focused on the upcoming assembly elections and not giving attention to the newly...
IndiaTimes Also reported by •Zee News