India  

Supreme Court to consider question of interim relief in pleas challenging validity of amended Waqf law on May 20

IndiaTimes Thursday, 15 May 2025
The Supreme Court will consider interim relief on May 20 regarding the Waqf (Amendment) Act 2025, focusing on waqf by user, non-Muslim nominations, and government land identification. Previously, the Union government assured no denotification of properties or appointments until May 5. The Centre defends the Act, opposing a stay and citing a significant increase in waqf properties since 2013.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

You Might Like


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Supreme Court of the United States Supreme Court of the United States Highest court of jurisdiction in the US

Anant Ambani's Vantara releases statement after Supreme Court's SIT order, says 'committed to transparency...'

Anant Ambani's Vantara releases a statement on the appointment of the SIT by the Supreme Court.
DNA
‘1 Year in Jail’: Trump Moves To Ban Flag Burning, Desecration; Defies Supreme Court Order | Watch [Video]

‘1 Year in Jail’: Trump Moves To Ban Flag Burning, Desecration; Defies Supreme Court Order | Watch

Trump has sparked fresh controversy after vowing to outlaw flag burning and desecration, threatening violators with up to one year in jail. The move directly challenges long-standing U.S. Supreme Court rulings that protect flag burning as free speech under the First Amendment #Trump #FlagBurningBan #TrumpNews #TrumpSpeech #FreeSpeech #FirstAmendment #TrumpVsSupremeCourt #Trump2025 #TrumpControversy #MAGA #PatriotismDebate #TrumpMoves #BreakingNews #USPolitics #TrumpSupporters ~PR.152~HT.408~ED.194~

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 04:34Published

Smriti Irani degree row: Delhi HC sets aside CIC order; calls it 'thoroughly misconceived'

The Delhi High Court overturned orders from the Central Information Commission (CIC) mandating CBSE to disclose Smriti Irani's 10th and 12th grade results,..
IndiaTimes

'Track stray dogs behaviour with GPS collars, QR codes': Shimla launches massive drive; move comes day after SC’s major order

The Shimla Municipal Corporation has launched a comprehensive stray dog monitoring program using GPS collars and QR codes, aiming to enhance public safety and..
IndiaTimes

Animal activists hold protest at Delhi's Rohini ABC centre over alleged cruelty to stray dogs, protestors demand...

This came after the Supreme Court on Friday revised its earlier August 11 order on stray animals and ordered their release following sterilisation and..
DNA

Muslims Muslims Adherents of Islam

UN Declares First Famine in Middle East But Saudis Keep Quiet| Netanyahu Says Will Destroy Gaza If.. [Video]

UN Declares First Famine in Middle East But Saudis Keep Quiet| Netanyahu Says Will Destroy Gaza If..

The UN has officially declared a famine in Gaza—the first ever in the Middle East—warning that over 500,000 Palestinians are already starving, with numbers expected to rise beyond 640,000 by September. The IPC has raised Gaza to Phase Five, its highest alert level, amid Israel’s blockade preventing vital aid deliveries. Despite repeated UN warnings, Israel dismisses famine claims as “Hamas lies.” Meanwhile, wealthy Muslim nations largely remain silent, focusing on ties with Israel while Gaza faces unprecedented humanitarian catastrophe. #GazaFamine #UNReport #StarvationCrisis #Palestine #GazaUnderSiege #HumanitarianCrisis #Blockade #MiddleEast #Israel #UNWarning #HungerCrisis #GlobalJustice #SaveGaza #PalestinianLives #UNAlert #GazaStarvation #MuslimNationsSilent #BreakingNews #WorldCrisis #IPCReport #HumanRights #FamineDeclared #Gaza ~HT.410~GR.124~ED.194~

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 03:02Published
‘Greater Israel Or Fascist Plot’ Iran Slams Netanyahu For Israel’s Expansion Plan As Gaza Starves [Video]

‘Greater Israel Or Fascist Plot’ Iran Slams Netanyahu For Israel’s Expansion Plan As Gaza Starves

Iran has issued a fierce denunciation of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s recent remarks promoting the so-called “Greater Israel” project, branding it a “diabolical idea” rooted in fascist intent. Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei accused Netanyahu of openly declaring his regime’s ambition to seize territory from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria in a blatant violation of the UN Charter and international law. Baghaei condemned the plan as a direct assault on regional sovereignty, warning it would impose occupation over Muslim nations and expand ongoing atrocities in Palestine. The spokesman also urged the UN, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and all world governments to condemn the scheme. Drawing attention to the worsening humanitarian disaster in Gaza, he called for urgent Arab and Muslim unity to deliver aid, end the genocide, and hold Israeli leaders fully accountable for war crimes and systemic violations. #Iran #Netanyahu #GreaterIsrael #FascistIntent #MiddleEast #Palestine #Gaza #WarCrimes #InternationalLaw #UNCharter #OIC #ArabUnity #MuslimUnity #StopGenocide #HumanRights #IsraelPalestine #Occupation #RegionalSecurity #EndApartheid #GlobalCondemnation ~HT.410~GR.124~ED.103~

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 03:07Published
Iron Dome Fails! Houthis ATTACK Israel, Hit 3 Key Targets | Israeli Defenses Crushed In DEADLY Raid [Video]

Iron Dome Fails! Houthis ATTACK Israel, Hit 3 Key Targets | Israeli Defenses Crushed In DEADLY Raid

Yemen’s Armed Forces have delivered a bold message to Israel and the world by penetrating Tel Aviv’s missile shield with explosive-laden drones that struck three high-value targets — including a sensitive Israeli site in Jaffa, military infrastructure in Ashkelon, and a strategic zone in the Negev Desert. Brigadier General Yahya Saree confirmed the success of the operations and warned of continued strikes until the siege and genocide in Gaza end. The strikes form part of Yemen’s relentless campaign of solidarity with Palestine, which has also involved firing advanced ballistic and hypersonic missiles. Meanwhile, Yemen has issued a clarion call to Muslims and Arabs worldwide to rise, protest, and break the Gaza blockade. The message is clear — Gaza’s resistance is not alone, and regional escalation is mounting fast. Is a broader conflict in the Middle East now inevitable? #Yemen #Israel #Gaza #DroneStrike #TelAviv #Ashkelon #Negev #MiddleEastCrisis #JaffaAttack #Palestine #GazaUnderAttack #ArabWorld #MuslimProtests #YahyaSaree #HouthiDrones #HypersonicMissiles #IsraeliBlockade #WarCrimes #OccupiedTerritories #SolidarityWithGaza

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 03:32Published
CHAOS And PANIC In Tel Aviv As Houthis Launch Third Attack On Ben Gurion Airport In Two Days [Video]

CHAOS And PANIC In Tel Aviv As Houthis Launch Third Attack On Ben Gurion Airport In Two Days

Yemen's Armed Forces have launched a devastating hypersonic missile attack on Israel’s busiest airport — Ben Gurion, near Tel Aviv — marking the third strike in just two days. The missile, dubbed “Palestine-2,” caused widespread panic as sirens wailed and incoming flights were diverted or left circling above the Mediterranean. Israeli reports confirm the airport was shut down temporarily, halting all operations. Yemen’s spokesman, Yahya Saree, confirmed the mission’s “complete success,” warning further strikes will continue as long as Gaza remains under siege. The aerial blockade imposed by Yemen since May has escalated, shifting from drone strikes to high-powered ballistic weaponry. Saree issued a chilling warning to Arab and Muslim nations — if Israel succeeds in Gaza, “your turn will come.” Yemen’s intensifying operations, rooted in solidarity with Palestine, are now disrupting Israeli airspace and testing regional security in ways unseen before. The message is clear: the war in Gaza won’t stay in Gaza. #YemenStrikes #BenGurionAirport #IsraelUnderAttack #HypersonicMissile #Palestine2 #GazaSiege #MiddleEastCrisis #YahyaSaree #TelAvivMissileStrike #YemenSolidarity #GazaGenocide #BallisticMissileAttack #ArabWorldWarning #IsraelBlockade #ZulfiqarMissile #SanaaStrike #AirportShutdown #IsraelNews #GazaWar2025 #MissileAlert ~ED.346~HT.408~GR.122~

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 03:33Published
Bastille Day 2025: Indonesia’s Military Parade Steals Spotlight As President Prabowo Visits France [Video]

Bastille Day 2025: Indonesia’s Military Parade Steals Spotlight As President Prabowo Visits France

Bastille Day 2025 in Paris turned into a diplomatic and military spectacle as Indonesia—the world’s largest Muslim-majority nation—led the foreign guest honors. Indonesian President Prabowo Subianto arrived to oversee the march of his country’s troops, including a striking 200-member military drum unit, through the Champs-Élysées. The gesture marked a deepening of Franco-Indonesian defense ties, with expectations high for Jakarta to confirm major purchases of French Rafale fighter jets and other arms. #BastilleDay2025 #IndonesiaInParis #PrabowoSubianto #FrenchMilitaryParade #RafaleDeal #Oneindia #ParisParade #FranceIndonesiaTies #MilitaryShowcase #AsianPower #ChampsElysees #FranceNews #WorldDiplomacy #MacronPrabowo #IndonesiaFranceDeal #DefenceTies #IndonesianDrummers #ElyseeDinner #ParidhiReports #ParisNews

Credit: Oneindia    Duration: 04:23Published

Related videos from verified sources

Mass Shooting in South Carolina: 12 Shot After Gunfire Erupts at Little River Memorial Day Event [Video]

Mass Shooting in South Carolina: 12 Shot After Gunfire Erupts at Little River Memorial Day Event

At least 12 people were injured in a mass shooting in Little River, South Carolina, on Memorial Day weekend. Horry County Police responded to reports of gunfire Sunday night. Eleven victims were taken..

Credit: Oneindia     Duration: 03:12Published
BREAKING: Rome Talks At Breaking Point As Iran, U.S Face Nuclear Deal Collapse Over Uranium Standoff [Video]

BREAKING: Rome Talks At Breaking Point As Iran, U.S Face Nuclear Deal Collapse Over Uranium Standoff

Iran and the United States have launched a fifth round of nuclear talks in Rome as Tehran’s enrichment efforts push the standoff to a breaking point. Iran insists on continuing uranium enrichment..

Credit: Oneindia     Duration: 03:04Published

Related news from verified sources

Supreme Court to decide today if interim order needed on waqf pleas

The Supreme Court will decide on Monday regarding interim orders on petitions challenging the Waqf Amendment Act, 2025, concerning its impact on traditional...
IndiaTimes

SC lists PIL challenging Waqf Amendment Act for hearing on May 15 by next CJI

The Supreme Court has scheduled a hearing on May 15, before a bench led by CJI-designate B R Gavai, to address petitions challenging the constitutionality of the...
IndiaTimes

Centre urges SC to confine waqf hearing to three issues, Sibal-Singhvi oppose 'piecemeal hearing'

The Centre has urged the Supreme Court to limit hearings on pleas challenging the Waqf Act's validity to three specific issues, for which it has already...
IndiaTimes