India  

Walmart Shifts US Import Focus From China to India

Video Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories - Duration: 01:31s - Published
Walmart Shifts US Import Focus From China to India

Walmart Shifts US Import Focus From China to India

Walmart Shifts US Import Focus , From China to India .

NBC reports that Walmart has begun importing more goods to the United States from India as it reduces its reliance on China.

.

According to data seen by Reuters, the world's largest retailer is looking to cut costs, while also diversifying the company's international supply chain.

Between January and August of 2023, one quarter of Walmart's U.S. imports were shipped from India, compared to just 2% in 2018.

According to bill of lading figures shared with Reuters by data firm Import Yeti, 60% of the company's imports came from China over the same period of time, down from 80% in 2018.

NBC reports that the shift illustrates how escalating tensions between the U.S. and China have encouraged companies to begin sourcing imports from India, Thailand and Vietnam.

We want the best prices.

That means I need resiliency in our supply chains.

, Andrea Albright, Walmart’s executive vice president of sourcing, via NBC.

I can’t be reliant on any one supplier or geography for my product because we’re constantly managing things from hurricanes and earthquakes to shortages in raw materials, Andrea Albright, Walmart’s executive vice president of sourcing, via NBC.

Andrea Albright, Walmart’s executive vice president of sourcing, said that India has become a key component of the company's plan to build its manufacturing capacity.

The company currently imports about $13 billion in goods from India annually.

.

In 2020, Walmart committed to import $10 billion of goods from India annually by 2027.

According to Albright, the company is on track to hit that goal.


You Might Like


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Walmart Walmart American multinational retail corporation

Walmart Reverses Course, Closes Down Its Walmart Health Division [Video]

Walmart Reverses Course, Closes Down Its Walmart Health Division

Walmart Reverses Course, , Closes Down Its , Walmart Health Division. NBC reports that Walmart has announced it will close all 52 of the doctor-staffed health clinics the company operates. The announcement comes as part of the company's decision to shut down its Walmart Health Initiative. Clinics that will close down are located in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois and Texas. . On April 30, the company also said it would begin winding down its virtual care service. The decision to end the Walmart Health Initiative will not reportedly impact Walmart pharmacies and vision centers. Walmart said that it will work to direct current patients to other providers covered by their insurance networks to ensure they continue to receive care. NBC reports that the news comes as a swift reversal of Walmart's plan to expand its number of doctor-staffed clinics to 70 by the end of 2024. Through our experience managing Walmart Health centers and Walmart Health Virtual Care, we determined there is not a sustainable business model for us to continue, Walmart statement, via NBC. Other nontraditional health care providers have also been forced to reconsider their plans in recent years. . Last month, Walgreens announced that it would close 140 of the company's primary care clinics, along with plans to shut down 20 more.

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published

NBC NBC American broadcast television network

Conflict Avoidance Can Have a Huge Impact on Relationships [Video]

Conflict Avoidance Can Have a Huge Impact on Relationships

Conflict Avoidance, Can Have a Huge Impact on Relationships. NBC's 'Think' report highlights a growing trend of conflict avoidance across a wide spectrum of interpersonal relationships. This ranges from "ghosting" friends and lovers to "quiet quitting" a job. . Conflict avoidance often serves as an excuse for avoiding the maintenance that both private and professional relationships require. . This avoidance can have long-term impacts, including lowered resilience, mental health and productivity. . According to a national survey by Cornell University psychologist and gerontologist Karl Pillemer, 27% of Americans over the age of 18 have cut contact with at least one family member. . According to a national survey by Cornell University psychologist and gerontologist Karl Pillemer, 27% of Americans over the age of 18 have cut contact with at least one family member. . NBC highlights the many reasons which appear to be responsible for growing conflict avoidance. One of those reasons is modern communications, combined with an increasing distrust for others, which makes tuning out people you disagree with an easy option. One of those reasons is modern communications, combined with an increasing distrust for others, which makes tuning out people you disagree with an easy option. One of those reasons is modern communications, combined with an increasing distrust for others, which makes tuning out people you disagree with an easy option. The pandemic also reduced in-person interactions that demand real engagement and for people to resolve their differences. . Dr. Eugene Beresin, a psychiatrist at Harvard Medical School, suggests that resolving conflict , “requires building interpersonal skills that are essential for loving and effective relationships.". Research suggests that the process of conflict and arguing facilitates talk and awareness of another’s perspective, Jennifer A. Sampa, Communications researcher and therapist, via NBC

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published
Courteney Cox Says Late 'Friends' Co-Star Matthew Perry "Visits Me a Lot" | THR News Video [Video]

Courteney Cox Says Late 'Friends' Co-Star Matthew Perry "Visits Me a Lot" | THR News Video

Courtney Cox is saying she can still feel the presence of her friend and former co-star Matthew Perry even after his death. In a conversation for CBS Sunday Morning, Cox reflected on 2024 marking 30 years since the 'Friends' premiere, noting that for the 10 years she was on the NBC sitcom, her co-stars were her "family," going through "everything" together. Cox then reflected on Perry and talked about their close bond. She added that she has retained a connection with her co-star's spirit.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter    Duration: 01:30Published
Sean Combs Apologizes for 'Inexcusable' 2016 Hotel Security Video [Video]

Sean Combs Apologizes for 'Inexcusable' 2016 Hotel Security Video

Sean Combs Apologizes , for 'Inexcusable' 2016 , Hotel Security Video. On May 19, Sean "Diddy" Combs issued an apology after a 2016 video surfaced of him abusing his ex-girlfriend Cassie. . NBC reports that the video appears to match the description of an incident that was detailed in a lawsuit that has since been settled. In a video statement released on Instagram, Combs said his , "behavior on that video is inexcusable.". It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that. I was f---ed up — I mean, I hit rock bottom — but I make no excuses, Sean Combs, via Instagram. It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that. I was f---ed up — I mean, I hit rock bottom — but I make no excuses, Sean Combs, via Instagram. My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I'm disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it. I’m disgusted now, Sean Combs, via Instagram. My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I'm disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it. I’m disgusted now, Sean Combs, via Instagram. In November, Combs' ex-girlfriend Casandra Ventura alleged in a federal lawsuit that Combs raped and physically abused her. . In November, Combs' ex-girlfriend Casandra Ventura alleged in a federal lawsuit that Combs raped and physically abused her. . At the time, Combs denied the accusations and stressed that the settlement was in "no way" an admission of guilt. The lawsuit included allegations that Combs attacked her in a hotel, which would appear to be supported by the 2016 video released by CNN. . The video was reportedly captured in a hotel hallway in March 2016 and includes multiple angles of the incident. . Combs is currently the subject of a federal investigation and a number of civil lawsuits, which include accusations of sexual assault, trafficking and other criminal activities

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:30Published
Red Lobster Says Locations Will Stay Open After Filing For Bankruptcy [Video]

Red Lobster Says Locations Will Stay Open After Filing For Bankruptcy

Red Lobster Says , Locations Will Stay Open , After Filing For Bankruptcy. On May 19, Red Lobster confirmed in a statement that the company has filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Florida. . NBC reports that the largest seafood chain in the United States said that filing for Chapter 11 will , "drive operational improvements, simplify the business through a reduction in locations, and pursue a sale of substantially all of its assets as a going concern.". In a so-called stalking horse arrangement, Red Lobster will sell the entire business to a new entity that is completely owned and controlled by lenders. . According to the company, lenders have provided $100 million in financial commitments to fund the chain's ongoing operations. According to the company, lenders have provided $100 million in financial commitments to fund the chain's ongoing operations. NBC reports that the company's bankruptcy petition lists Red Lobster's assets at a value between $1 billion and $10 billion. The chain stressed that despite closing around 99 locations across the U.S., remaining locations will remain open during the bankruptcy process. The company added that it has been , "working with vendors to ensure that operations are unaffected.". This restructuring is the best path forward for Red Lobster. It allows us to address several financial and operational challenges and emerge stronger and re-focused on our growth, Jonathan Tibus, Red Lobster CEO, via NBC. The 56-year-old chain was founded back in 1968. By 2019, Red Lobster had expanded to include nearly 700 locations across the country. NBC reports that the company has struggled under a growing debt load after failing to regain a foothold following the COVID-19 pandemic.

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published
New Analysis Suggests Long-Term Effectiveness for Wegovy Users [Video]

New Analysis Suggests Long-Term Effectiveness for Wegovy Users

New Analysis Suggests , Long-Term Effectiveness , for Wegovy Users . NBC reports that patients taking Novo Nordisk's obesity treatment maintain an average of 10% weight loss over four years. The news potentially boosts the drugmaker's push for Wegovy to be covered by insurers and governments. . The company submitted long-term findings at the European Congress on Obesity in Venice, Italy. . This is the longest study we’ve conducted so far of semaglutide for weight loss, Martin Holst Lange, Novo’s head of development, via NBC. We see that once the majority of the weight loss is accrued, you don’t go back and start to increase in weight if you stay on the drug, Martin Holst Lange, Novo’s head of development, via NBC. According to another analysis published by the drugmaker, approximately 17% of trial participants stopped using the treatment due to side effects like nausea. . The costly treatment ranges from $200 to nearly $2,000 per month in the ten countries where the drug is available. NBC reports that Novo Nordisk was the first drugmaker to market GLP-1 agonists, originally developed as a diabetes treatment, to address record high obesity rates. NBC reports that Novo Nordisk was the first drugmaker to market GLP-1 agonists, originally developed as a diabetes treatment, to address record high obesity rates. Rival Eli Lilly launched its drug Zepbound in the United States in December of 2023. . Neither drugmaker has managed to produce enough of the treatment to meet surging demand

Credit: Wibbitz Top Stories    Duration: 01:31Published